Saturday, 16 July 2016

The Scrapbook Lady: From Card to Crop - Day Four

The Scrapbook Lady: From Card To Crop... 

A Series of 12x12 Scrapbook Layouts and 6x6 Cards Using Crafter's Companion Sara Davies Floral Delight Signature Collection.

So, you are probably asking yourself what on earth she means by 'from card to crop'! Well, let me explain. When I talk to people about scrapbooking, mostly, people say 'oh I would love to try that... but I don't know where to start'. Then, they usually say that they find a 12x12 page too large to fill. After that, they usually say, that they are scared to make the jump from a card to a scrapbook page. Now is it beginning to make sense? The wonderful thing about the Crafter's Companion Sara Davies Signature Collections is that they often have a 12x12 pad and a 6x6 pad. And then I had an idea... what would happen if I made a set of of 6x6 cards and a set of 12x12 scrapbook pages using exactly the same papers and exactly the same design? Would that help would be scrapbookers see how easy it is to make the jump from card to layout and just have a go? Well, why not try it out! So here we have a series of blog posts which aim to make it easy to see just how you can put together a scrapbook page based on a card design.
6x6 Card
I started by making a classic and elegant card using the Floral Delight papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad and the Time To Bloom Toppers which complement the designs beautifully. 
12x12 Scrapbook Layout

Then, I scaled the card up to 12x12 using exactly the same Floral Delight papers from the 12x12 Paper Pad. I also a small journal card for my notes about the photograph. You can see that in the bottom right hand corner. I used the Always and Forever thin metal die from the Love and Romance Signature Collection as it is very appropriate for heritage layouts.

Looking at the two projects side by side, it is really easy to see how you can take a card design and turn it into a scrapbook layout. Now then, why have I called the series card to crop? Well, a crop is a group of scrapbookers getting together to craft and 'crop' or cut down the paper and the photographs. Hopefully, I will inspire some of you to try out scrapbooking alongside your cardmaking and make the leap from card to crop! Let me know what you think and I would love to see your makes based on this idea. 

All the items I used in this series of projects are available from Crafter's Companion.
The following Sara Davies Signature Collection Floral Delight Range materials used in this series of projects were:
I also used the Always and Forever thin metal die from the Love and Romance Signature Collection and the Pastel 12x12 Coredinations Pad.

Happy scrapping, jenx


Crafty Blogs

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Jen. You've hit the nail right in the head. For me, as a cardmake, I come at it from the other side. I was daunted by scrapbook layouts until joining your crop and you said to look at them as a big card layout. Then it clicked. It works both ways. You can either scale up or scale down to suit your own crafty style. Loving your designs.

    ReplyDelete