Monday, 18 April 2016

The Scrapbook Lady: 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Using Crafter's Companion Sara Davies Signature Collection

Good morning! I have a 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Using Crafter's Companion Sara Davies Signature Collection to share today. The photograph is my super stylish great aunt on one of her numerous trips to Butlins, back in their heyday. She was terifically fashionable and always immaculately dressed. And her shoes! Oh my... I remember as a young girly girl wobbling around on her oh so 70s platforms! She must have had hundreds of pairs in a huge double wardrobe with shelves. I just used to sit and look at them. My favourites were a pair of white leather patents with platforms and a huge stylised flower sewn into the front. It was not a daisy... But in my mind's eye, they are my Daisy shoes. She was very happily married for years but never had children. I have inherited her box of photographs. I am scrapbooking them relentlessly to remember her. She was a very special lady and I want my children to know her even though they have never met her. So that is why I scrapbook... She was very important and I want her to be remembered. Happy scrapping, jx

Crafty Blogs

5 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Jen - great to remember your Great Aunt and her 'adventures' :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, lovely post about why you scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely memories and what a terrific way to remember her and them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super page and great shoes and memories :)

    ReplyDelete